We Want to Hear from You...
- Have you been to the Chuckwalla Desert Wildlife Management Area?
(along the Bradshaw Trail, Wiley’s Well Road, Midway Well Road)
Mojave Desert Land Trust is applying for a grant from the California OHMVR (Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation) Division to help manage off-highway vehicle travel in MDLT’s Chuckwalla Desert Wildlife Management Area. This grant will fund the placement of signs along the legal routes of travel and kiosks that contain maps, rules and regulations, and literature on the importance of the area as wildlife habitat, especially for the federally threatened desert tortoise.
We encourage our members and the public to provide input on this project. You can comment on our Preliminary Grant Application by doing the following:
- Go to the California OHMVR Division home page: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/
- Hover with your mouse over “Grants” at the top of the screen.
- Click on “On-line Grants Application (OLGA)”
- Click on “Public Review Instructions” on the left side of the screen
- Download the Microsoft Word document named “PUBLICCOMMENTINSTRUCTIONS”
- Review the instructions and once you are inside the system please review our application
- Send your comments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com
Comment period closes Monday, April 6th.
Thank you for your input!